Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Have Engraved You In The Palm Of My Hands



Isaiah 49

14 But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me,
the Lord has forgotten me."

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.

***

About a year ago, Karen probably would never have thought she would be getting a tattoo. Perhaps, not even in her wildest dreams. And yet, here she is now with a tattoo in her arm as a sign of her never ending love and remembrance of her beloved son, Joey.

I find it very very interesting and comforting that there is a Bible verse that talks about us being engraved in God's palm.  What a symbol of unending love and devotion. Thank you God. Thank you.

A blessed Mother's Day to you Karen.  I know it's not an easy day to go through, but remember that as Joey's name is engraved in your arm, your name is engraved in our Father's palm.  He knows your sorrow. He sees your tears. He is bearing your pain.  He will sustain you. And joy will come in the morning. Hang in there.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Liza that was absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you for the wonderful blessed gift you have for blogging! Karen is in our thoughts, prayers, hearts during this special, but sad time of year. Thank you Lord that your strength can carry her thru this time...

Karen said...

Thank you so much Liza. You expressed exactly how I feel. I love you and so appreciate all the comfort you have given me and our family thru this blog. Thank you for the hours of thought, love and labor that have gone into it. You are a diamond.
Much love, Karen

ג said...

First, my condolences to you and yours in the loss of your precious Joey.
Thank you for this post. I recently lost my son, and I have been contemplating a tattoo, though I never thought I would (also for religious reasons).
www.remembersekai.blogspot.com