Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Father's Heart .. .

Dear Joe,

You are heavy in my heart today as I think and pray about you all...

I don't think we will ever know the depth of your sorrow ... I was thinking, right now, at this time in your life, you are at your closest to knowing God's sorrow when he gave His only son to die for us ...

I wish there's something we can do to ease the pain ... I am actually trying to avoid using Christian cliche like "God will comfort you" and all that kind of stuff, because you already know that....but the truth is - there's no other who can help you truly, and understand you truly, other than God ...

This morning I was thinking about our son and it seems like a conversation between God and I ran in my head ...

God: Liza, how about you ... when the time comes that I take your son back to heaven, if I take your son before you, would you trust me, and still love me, and rely on me?

Liza: Lord, you know my heart. You know I'd want to say, "Yes, I do. Yes, I will" but the truth is "I don't know". I don't know if I will have the strength to bear the pain ...

God: Well... I do. You may not know right now ... but when that time comes, I will give you the strength... I will.

Joe, the strength that God gives may come in portion - a day at a time as you need it. There will be days when you'd feel like you just want to go home too ... and in those times, remember that God will give you the strength, as you need it.

I know your sadness is great. But always remember, God understands....

I had a posted a video of a telephone conversation in my blog the day we found out about Joey's passing away. Maybe you've already watched this, but I thought I'd post it again here for Joey's friends to see, and to remind you that God knows what you're going through:



(*more about Logan on this video link)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha Johnson family,

I have never blogged before but couldn't let another day go by without you knowing how much The Patterson family has you in thier heart and prayers. We love you guys and will continue to lift you up in His love.