Tuesday, June 24, 2008

In This Life (by Aunt Jackie)

Hello! My name is Jackie Johnson I am Joey's Aunt in Law. I married into the wonderful Johnson family on 12-30-06. It was a beautiful family ceremony at Sister Viv's home, married by brother Joe, and beautifully complemented by Joey's ukulele song of "In this life" at our service. I am so very blessed to be led to this family by God.

I am especially blessed to have been able to know Joey. He truly was one of those wonderful souls that just illuminate a room when he walks in! I actually thought Joey had written "In this life" until I heard IZ sing it on our honeymoon in Maui. I still like Joey's version best!

I am responding to Thurs June 19th question and challenge "WWJJD?" I am not very tech savvy at all and took the challenge to complete Joey's LA Service pictures that I took during the service and would like to share them on his website to help complete his service pictures from the LA side. I also plan on starting to learn how to blog and create a Johnson family website to connect us together as family! I will make Joey proud!

The LA service was just beautiful. Joey honored God not only in his life but also in his farewell service. The messages shared from all who knew and loved him just reflected the awesomeness of who he was as a glorious bright and beautiful gift from God that we have all been touched and blessed by. I only wish that God would have let us keep His gift longer!

I cling to God's promise in Romans 8:28 to work everything to good for those who love him. My prayer is to show us all some of the good to help comfort us through this difficult time.

Jackie

*****

Note from Liza: The LA Memorial photos and will be posted as a slide show here in a couple of days. In the meantime I thought it would be nice to post the video of that beautiful song "In This Life" - the song that Joey sang on Jackie's wedding. Here it is:

1 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you so much Jackie for that beautiful letter about Joey and our family. Like Joey, you bring a great deal of love and strength to our family, and I am so grateful to you and Steve and Matthew for coming to be with us in LA, and going to Joey's house with us. The song is one of my most favorite...Joey first sang it to me at my 50th birthday party...I can say along with the words: "If it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart the only dream that matters has come true...in this life I was loved by you". My son gave me so much love, tenderness and respect and I felt truly loved by him. I miss him so much.